About the Role
You will be responsible for supporting the R&D department and other Vandemoortele divisions by performing analyses on spreads, fats and on the raw materials of these products. In this role you will focus more specifically on our plant-based products.
Your key responsibilities and challenges
• You will support the R&D department and other Vandemoortele divisions by preparing, performing, following up and reporting physical and chemical analyses on raw materials, ingredients, intermediates and finished products;
• You are responsible for the analyses (chemical, physical, organoleptic) on raw materials and end products, within the framework of our plant-based R&D projects.
• You are responsible for the analyses on raw materials and end products for quality control (e.g. entrance control of emulsifiers, output controls, analyses in complaint handling...)
• You perform baking and frying tests to analyze fats;
• You perform analyses at the request of other departments (e.g. production, quality...);
• You are responsible for keeping the methods and equipment in the lab up-to-date. In doing so, you will test, manage, calibrate and maintain equipment;
• You prepare analysis and calibration instructions;
• You prepare calibration mixtures to check your own equipment and that of other sites;
• You organize and participate in ring tests.
What we offer you
We offer you job security in an exciting position in an international company with a dynamic culture and collegial atmosphere. Within a people-oriented and value-driven environment that values corporate social responsibility, you will have every opportunity to grow with us.
You have a Bachelor's degree in (Bio)Chemistry, Biomedical laboratory technology or
You have knowledge of analytical chemistry and can interpret and report results
You have a fluent knowledge of Dutch and English;
You have a good knowledge of Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook...);
You are motivated to learn and figure things out.
You are critical and think further about the results of the analyses.
You have an eye for detail and work very accurately;
You are collegial and flexible;
Last but not least: you are a food lover with an affinity for plant-based products who is
About the Company
Vandemoortele is a leading European food group that produces and sells high-quality food products. Vandemoortele has two divisions: one for frozen bakery products and one for margarines, culinary oils and fats.
In Bakery Products, Vandemoortele is a European market player with a range of bread products, viennoiserie, sweets, patisserie and savory products for professional users in the bakery and foodservice channels as well as retailers, who appreciate the quality and ease of use of Vandemoortele products.
Also in Margarines, Culinary Oils & Fats, Vandemoortele is a top European player offering professional users a wide range of products that combine processability, taste and aroma, and selling to retailers an extensive range of private label margarines and frying fats. In addition, Vandemoortele has a number of strong consumer brands in the Benelux such as Vandemoortele®, Vitelma®, Diamant® and Gouda's Glorie®.
In 2021, Vandemoortele achieved revenues of approximately 1.33 billion euros. The Vandemoortele Group is present in 12 European countries and in the United States with 4,800 employees. The head office is located in the Food Experience Center in Ghent.
Contact/How to apply